Saturday, February 5, 2011

Chocolate Wacky Depression Cake-How to make an easy chocolate cake

Chocolate cake is not one of my favorite desserts, but it is one of my family's favorite desserts.  So one day while looking at recipes online like I love to do, I came across this recipe for Chocolate Wacky Depression Cake and was intrigued by it.  The thing about this recipe that caught my eye is that it does not have any eggs or butter in it.  About a week or two ago, I decided to give this recipe a try and was pleasantly surprised.  Chocolate cake is something I shy away from and usually don't consume, but I liked this one.  Even after it had been sitting in an airtight container for a few days, it was still moist, much to my and my dad's surprise and delight.   So I decided to share the recipe for Chocolate Wacky Depression Cake with you, hope you enjoy it!

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup cocoa powder
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 cup water

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a medium mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients to gether by hand.  Add all the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until well combined.  Pour into an 8 by 8 square pan that has been prepared with non stick spray.
Bake for 30 minutes until done or when toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.  Allow to cool completely before serving.

Note: When it says that the salt is optional, I say definitely put it in because salt brings out the flavor in anything especially when you are baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment